Gembloux Belfry


The belfry of Gembloux is the tower of the old St. Saviour’s parish church, the origins of which appear to date back to the 10th century. This tower was raised up over a period of time. St. Saviour’s church was deconsecrated in 1810 and then demolished. All that remained was the tower, preserved as a belfry. In 1905, fire destroyed the bell chamber of the belfry. From 1907, this was replaced by a new, bulbous bell chamber. The belfry was listed in June 1977. In July 2005, it joined the other Belgian and French belfries included on the UNESCO list of world heritage.

Extra infos

  • Opening dates and times

    Not open to visitors

  • Opening dates and times

    Guided tour of the belfry upon reservation : € 3/person. Min. 10 people (FR)

    Length of the visit: 60 min.

  • Groups welcome
  • French